Saturday, January 26, 2013

Guilty pleasures

Lartizan's almond croissants are one of my favorite things.  I very rarely get to buy them because they're always snapped up as soon as they hit the shelves.  Just as well because I can never say no to them, although I know I should.

Today, I have plans to bake, so I was in Rustan's Rockwell buying butter, flour, and other relevant ingredients.  As I was about to check out, I glanced over to the Lartizan stall and spied fresh batch of almond croissants.  They were calling to me.  I made a beeline for the stall and I asked for three. The sales rep packed them up for me and into my shopping basket they went.  I walked over to the cashier, calories and cholesterol in hand, already fantasizing about a breakfast of freshly heated croissants and a cup of coffee.

As the cashier punched my items, there was a guy who lined up beside me.  He was in running shoes, running shorts, and a dry-fit shirt. He had iPod buds in his ears.  And he was carrying three packs of peeled suha.

Whatever.